(210) LAW-3000 Search

Frequently Asked Questions

What if you’ve been injured & the other driver has no auto insurance?

I’ve been in a car accident, how soon should I go to the doctor?

I’ve been in an accident, and the other driver was intoxicated. What now?

Should you call the police if you’ve been involved in a car wreck?

The answer to that question is almost always yes. If there has been any damage to the vehicles involved, you should call the police. If there’s any injury claimed by any person involved in the crash then yes, you should call the police. If the wreck was not your fault, it’s essential that you have the police there because they are trained and required to document a rudimentary investigation of the crash and to list what they believe the contributing factors are that caused the crash based on that investigation. Those factors end up becoming vital evidence if it becomes a legal claim or court case. The police report will also document the date, time and location, any eye witnesses that the police are able to identify, a description of what each side says happened that led to the crash, any insurance information by each party to the vehicle accident, and a host of other factors that end up being important for an attorney who may later be handling a claim arising from that automobile collision.

The other driver was intoxicated, am I automatically entitled to damages?

In every case, you have to prove the level of harm that you suffered as a result of an accident or an injury or an event. So even though another driver may be intoxicated, you still have to prove how that intoxication crash resulted in harm to you. The fact that a driver may be intoxicated may make it easier to prove that the other driver was negligent; in other words, that the other driver failed to use ordinary care and failed to follow the rules of road that we expect all drivers to follow, but you still need to show what the harm is and how that harm has resulted in a money damage loss or interruption of your life. One other interesting thing to know about intoxication cases is that sometimes there are insurance exclusions that certain insurance policies won’t cover or will limit the amount of coverage for an intoxicated driver, so it helps to have a lawyer who is asking those questions familiar with those insurance policies. It also helps to have somebody who will look at all the available insurance coverages out there, including your own insurance coverage.

Do you or a family member
need legal advice?

Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death. If you’ve been injured, fill out the form for a free consultation, or call 210-LAW-3000.

We Can Help

Request Your Free Consultation
  • This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    * Required
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Schedule Your Free Consultation

Office Locations and Contact Info