- 1. Texas and New Braunfels Motorcycle Crash Statistics
- 2. Motorcycle Riders Are Vulnerable in a Crash and May Face Life-Changing Injuries
- 3. Insurance Companies Will Try to Deny Your Compensation After a Motorcycle Crash
- 4. Crosley Law Can Help If You’ve Been Injured in a New Braunfels Motorcycle Accident
Nothing can completely protect you from injuries during a motorcycle crash. While protective gear like helmets may save your life during a collision, they’re not perfect. No matter how careful you are, there is simply no accounting for the actions of other road users.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash caused by someone else’s carelessness, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
But filing a personal injury claim for a motorcycle accident can involve many complications. At Crosley Law, our attorneys handle motorcycle crash claims in New Braunfels and throughout Texas, using our experience to demand fair compensation for our clients’ losses.
Contact our attorneys today at 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or by filling out the form on this page for your free consultation. If you want to learn more about motorcycle crashes before you get started, check out the resources and statistics provided below, and learn how we can help.
Texas and New Braunfels Motorcycle Crash Statistics
Texas had nearly 420 motorcyclist fatalities in 2018, including both drivers and passengers. While some of those crashes involved user error, many of them caused by other drivers on the road.
- 49% of fatalities involving motorcycle riders—both drivers and passengers—were not wearing a helmet
- Spring has the highest percent of motorcycle crashes, but Texas’s weather means crashes occur in all four seasons
- The highest percent of motorcycle drivers involved in a crash were 25-34 years-old
While the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) does not publish city-specific motorcycle crash data, they are all too common in New Braunfels.
Motorcycle Riders Are Vulnerable in a Crash and May Face Life-Changing Injuries
Without the protection of a vehicle around them, motorcyclists are more likely to be severely injured when hit or flung from their bike on impact. So it’s no surprise that the injuries riders sustain are often far more devastating and debilitating than those of other drivers.
Injuries can vary widely in a motorcycle crash, from minor cuts to dangerous lacerations, bruised skin to bruised skulls. Other common injuries include:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Damage to internal organs from puncturing or pressure
- Strains, sprains, and dislocated joints
- Soft tissue injuries and road rash
- Broken or fractured limbs, ribs, and other bones
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other emotional injuries
- Injuries to the neck and spinal cord
Motorcyclist Receives $750K Settlement in Distracted Teen Driver Crash – Lee’s Story
Insurance Companies Will Try to Deny Your Compensation After a Motorcycle Crash
If you’ve ever had to deal with an insurance claim, you know the process is rarely as simple as filling out a form. Insurance companies say they’re here to protect you and your family, but insurance adjusters will use a variety of tactics to avoid having to pay your claim.
For complex cases like motorcycle crashes that can involve multiple insurance companies and policies, these tactics often include trying to place blame elsewhere.
This is especially true in motorcycle crashes. While we know that most bikers are responsible and law-abiding, insurance companies like to stereotype them. Unless you have an attorney who knows how to combat these subtle biases, you may face pushback from the insurer.
In a best-case scenario, you have motorcycle liability insurance, and the other driver involved has sufficient basic liability coverage to pay for your injuries. But this often isn’t the case. Although Texas requires basic liability coverage, some drivers don’t have it. And because of the extensive injuries riders can sustain in a crash, regular liability insurance might not be enough to cover all of your injuries. Having uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and a personal insurance protection policy can help, but hiring an attorney can help even more.
An experienced attorney knows how to navigate the insurance world and get you the best settlement possible through strategic negotiations.
Crosley Law Can Help If You’ve Been Injured in a New Braunfels Motorcycle Accident
The experienced attorneys at Crosley Law can help you:
- Obtain evidence such as cell phone records and vehicle data
- Collect witness testimonies and expert witness cooperation
- Work with a network of accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, and life care providers to support your claim
- Validate the severity of your injuries through medical records and reports
- Negotiate with insurance companies, medical institutions, and other parties on your behalf
Our attorneys have experience handling motorcycle crash claims in New Braunfels and throughout Texas, with expert knowledge of local laws and other factors that could affect your claim.
Contact us by calling 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or filling out our consultation form to get started today.
Texas A&M Transportation Institute. (September 17, 2018). Analysis of Motorcycle Crashes in Texas, 2010–2017. Texas: Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved from https://www.looklearnlive.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/MotorcycleAnalysisReportFinal_Final.pdf
Texas Department of Transportation. (August, 2019). Texas motor vehicle crash statistics: Cumulative crash statistics 2003–2018. Austin, TX: Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved from https://www.txdot.gov/government/enforcement/annual-summary.html
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.
Do you or a family member
need legal advice?
Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death.