It’s hard to beat the freedom of rolling down the road on a motorcycle. But every time you hop on a motorcycle, you assume a level of risk. Being careful, and properly attired, can go a long way to keeping you safe while you ride, but it isn’t always enough.
418 motorcyclists died on Texas roadways in 2018. Many of those crashes were not the motorcyclist’s fault.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a San Antonio motorcycle crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. But these claims can be complicated, and your best chance at successfully recovering compensation is to work with a motorcycle accident attorney at Crosley Law.
Our attorneys have experience handling complex motorcycle cases and analyzing crashes and building up our clients’ evidence. Contact us today at 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or by filling out the form on this page for a free consultation.
Check out the resources and information below to learn more about motorcycle crashes and how Crosley Law can help.
Texas and Bexar County Motorcycle Crash Statistics
- 49% of motorcyclist fatalities weren’t wearing a helmet
- In 2017, urban areas had 37% more motorcycle crashes than rural roads
- Bexar County has ranked in the top three counties for most motorcycle crashes for multiple years
- Bexar County has two roads in the top ten most dangerous Texas roadways for motorcycle fatalities, Highway 410 at third place, and Highway 10 at seventh place
We Understand the Catastrophic Nature of Motorcyclist Injuries
The freedom and exposure to the elements that make motorcycles so enjoyable also make them dangerous. Motorcyclists travel just as fast as car or truck drivers, but without the protection of a heavy metal frame surrounding them. Motorcycle crashes often result in debilitating or even fatal injuries, taking the victims out of work or school, and requiring intensive, lengthy, and expensive medical treatment.
Common motorcyclist injuries include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Cuts, bruising, and road rash
- Neck and spine damage
- Organ damage
- Dislocated, fractured, or broken bones
- Death or partial paralysis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and other emotional injuries
We’ve handled numerous complex injury claims for bikers, including those involving distracted and reckless motorists. We understand how common motorcycle collision injuries can have a lasting impact on your ability to work and live—and we carefully calculate our clients’ financial losses and emotional damages.
Motorcycle Crash Cases Often Involve Multiple Insurance Companies and Policies
Dealing with insurance after a crash should be simple; you have insurance, the other driver has insurance, everything should work out. But this is rarely the case, and motorcycle crashes are no different. For one, even though basic liability insurance is required by law in Texas, not everyone has it. Furthermore, motorcycle crashes might involve more insurance policies than the average car crash, such as:
- Your motorcycle liability insurance
- The at-fault driver’s auto liability insurance
- Your uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance (UM/UIM) policy if the at-fault driver lacks sufficient liability insurance
- Your personal insurance protection (PIP) policy
These multiple insurance policies may further complicate your case. And the case will only become more complicated if commercial drivers, multiple different drivers, or defective parts were also involved in causing the crash.
When the insurance companies point their fingers at each other and deny your claims, an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you negotiate a fair settlement or take your case to trial.
How Can Crosley Law Help My San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Claim?
The attorneys at Crosley Law handle complex motorcycle injury claims. Based here in San Antonio, we have first-hand knowledge of Texas and local injury laws and how they apply to your unique case circumstances. Additionally, we can help:
- Collect, review, and present medical records as evidence
- Collect physical evidence from the scene, witness testimony, and subpoena phone and vehicle data
- Reconstruct the accident to determine how it occurred and consult with experts to solidify your claim
- Negotiate with insurance companies, other lawyers, and medical institutions on your behalf
Contact our experienced attorneys today by calling 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or filling out our contact form to learn more about the specific rights and options in your case.
Texas A&M Transportation Institute. (September 17, 2018). Analysis of Motorcycle Crashes in Texas, 2010–2017. Texas: Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved from https://www.looklearnlive.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/MotorcycleAnalysisReportFinal_Final.pdf
Texas Department of Transportation. (August, 2019). Texas motor vehicle crash statistics: Cumulative crash statistics 2003–2018. Austin, TX: Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved from https://www.txdot.gov/government/enforcement/annual-summary.html
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.
Do you or a family member
need legal advice?
Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death.