- 1. Fighting for Car Accident Injury Victims Throughout the San Antonio Area
- 2. San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers That Get Results
- 3. How Will Crosley Law Firm Fight for Me?
- 4. A Car Accident Kills Someone Every Two Hours in Texas
- 5. What to Do After a Car Accident
- 6. Common Car Accident Injuries in San Antonio
- 7. What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in San Antonio?
- 8. If I’m in a Car Wreck in San Antonio, Shouldn’t Insurance Cover It?
- 9. How Much Is My San Antonio Car Accident Case Worth?
- 10. How Do I File a Car Accident Claim in San Antonio?
- 11. How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
- 12. What Happens After Crosley Law Resolves My Car Accident Case?
- 13. How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
- 14. Crosley Law: Fighting for San Antonio Car Accident Victims
Fighting for Car Accident Injury Victims Throughout the San Antonio Area
After a serious car accident, the deck is stacked against you. The medical bills and lost wages start to pile up. And the at-fault driver’s insurance company doesn’t have your best interests at heart. In fact, they’re actively looking for reasons to deny your claim or pay you less than what you deserve.
At Crosley Law, our San Antonio car accident lawyers can help you level the playing field and give you the care, attention, and settlement you deserve. We have successfully handled thousands of car wreck cases, winning millions for our clients. We will investigate all the causes of your accident and aggressively pursue a claim to compensate you for all the losses you’ve suffered.
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one because of someone else’s careless behavior, call Crosley Law right away. If we take on your case, we have a no-fee policy, which means we won’t charge you a cent unless we get you a settlement or win your case in court.
Below, we have more information about car wrecks, insurance, and personal injury cases that will help if you have recently been injured in a San Antonio, Texas, auto accident.
San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers That Get Results
Tom Crosley and his team have established a remarkable track record, handling complex and high-profile auto accident injury claims and delivering huge wins for our clients. In 2018, we obtained the #2 and #3 highest injury verdicts in Texas against an automobile insurance company as reported by TopVerdict.com, and Tom Crosley has been named to the Texas Super Lawyers list for 17 consecutive years (2006-2022).
Some of our big wins include:
- $28 million verdict. Aleisha and her husband were working on a car, parked outside their home, when a drunk driver smashed into them—killing the husband, severely injuring Aleisha, and causing significant financial hardship and emotional trauma for the family. The driver’s attorney argued that punitive damages were unnecessary and refused to settle. But we disagreed—and thanks to Crosley Law’s comprehensive investigation and presentation, so did the jury.
- $16 million verdict. Jerry suffered a life-changing brain injury after a head-on collision with a truck. But because traditional brain scans didn’t show any obvious damage, the insurance company refused to acknowledge the injury. Our team went the extra mile for Jerry, digging into the latest research, connecting with leading experts, and even getting Jerry into an experimental research study. Our work helped prove Jerry’s symptoms, and got him the verdict he deserved.
- $9 million settlement. A delivery driver hit Zack, a 24-year-old pedestrian, while he was walking home from work. He suffered two broken legs, soft tissue injuries, and a traumatic brain injury. Our car accident lawyers uncovered a pattern of negligent hiring, poor training, and a disregard for public safety while interviewing and deposing more than 23 witnesses. The case settled at mediation for $9,000,000. According to Verdict Search, this was one of the highest settlements of that year nationwide for this type of case.
How Will Crosley Law Firm Fight for Me?
At Crosley Law, we take pride in going above and beyond for our clients. When you work with our team, we’ll obtain all the investigative reports and documentation related to the accident. We’ll also conduct our own investigation using all the resources we have available, including:
- Detailed reviews of relevant medical records and accident reports
- Nationally and regionally recognized experts and physicians
- Crash reconstruction experts
- Crash data from the vehicles involved
- Digital crash simulations
- Multimedia presentations
- Advanced medical imaging
- Cutting-edge recordkeeping databases
- Jury focus groups
These legal and technological assets help us to prove that the negligent driver caused your injuries. And, they allow us to put a precise dollar figure on every loss that you’ve suffered because of that driver’s negligent actions.
We also act quickly. We know the insurance adjuster will try to delay your claim as much as possible, hoping you’ll cave and take a lowball settlement. You can’t wait for help and compensation. That’s why our experienced Texas car accident attorneys do everything in their power to push our clients’ cases forward and prepare every case as if it’s going to trial from day one.
A Car Accident Kills Someone Every Two Hours in Texas
According to 2021 data from the Texas Department of Transportation, an average of 12 people per day die on Texas roads. Another 53 suffer incapacitating, catastrophic injuries. The last day without a traffic fatality in Texas occurred more than 20 years ago, on November 7, 2000.
Every car accident is devastating for injury victims, their loved ones, and their communities. Almost all of them are preventable. Yet victims and survivors face an uphill battle against deep-pocketed insurance companies to recover the fair compensation they deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, it’s important to take the following steps to the best of your ability, if you can do so safely:
- Contact the police and request an accident report.
- Get the name, contact info, and insurance information from the other driver.
- Get names and contact information from any available eyewitnesses.
- Take as many pictures as you can of the accident scene—damage to the vehicle, debris, skid marks, injuries, road conditions, etc.
- Seek medical care as soon as possible for any symptoms, even minor ones, so you can document the injury (in case it gets worse).
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible for a free consultation. The sooner an attorney can begin an investigation, the more likely they will be able to obtain the critical evidence necessary to prove your case.
Do not admit fault or give any recorded statements to the insurance adjuster before you’ve had a chance to discuss your case with an experienced car accident lawyer. The insurer does not have your best interests at heart, and may try to use innocent statements against you.
Common Car Accident Injuries in San Antonio
Unfortunately, car wrecks can cause a wide variety of serious injuries to drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, bike riders, pedestrians, and others. Common auto accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), head injuries, and concussions
- Back and spine injuries, including herniated discs and spinal cord injuries
- Joint injuries to the knees, shoulders, wrists, and hips
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries, like whiplash, sprains, and strains
- Mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
If you or a loved one suffered any noticeable symptoms in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to seek immediate medical care, even if you only have “minor” aches and pains. Sometimes, these seemingly mild symptoms are warning signs of a serious injury, like a TBI, back injury, or internal bleeding.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in San Antonio?
“Car accident” is a misnomer. There’s nothing accidental about most accidents. Almost always, someone’s recklessness, poor decision-making, or inattention is what caused your injuries.
Because every collision is unique—and the insurance company will be looking for excuses to get out of paying you what’s fair—our personal injury attorneys carefully investigate each crash, looking for all the possible causes and contributing factors. Some of the most common car accident causes we see include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for the road and weather conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper lane changes
- Ignoring red lights, stop signs, and other traffic control devices
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Drunk and drugged driving
- Drowsy driving
- Improper maintenance
- Defective and dangerous vehicles and parts, like brakes, tires, and airbags
- Violations of state and federal trucking regulations
If I’m in a Car Wreck in San Antonio, Shouldn’t Insurance Cover It?
Having auto insurance or health insurance will not fully protect you or your loved ones from the costs of other people’s negligence, especially when it comes to a San Antonio car crash. Here are a few important things to consider about car insurance after a wreck:
- Insurance companies increase their profits by denying, delaying, and underpaying valid injury claims.
- Changes in Texas law have made it even more difficult for injured victims to receive full compensation for their medical costs.
- You should consult a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney before negotiating with an insurer or accepting a settlement offer.
The value of your car wreck claim depends on a lot of factors. One of the main factors is what relevant insurance coverage exists and what the policy limits are on that coverage.
Insurance Policies That May Provide Coverage
Texas’ injury laws are fault-based. So, under most circumstances, you will file your primary insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, not your own insurer. However, you may have several insurance claims, depending on your coverage.
Your claims may include:
- Liability insurance: The at-fault driver’s policy should cover your injuries up to the policy limits. Under Texas law, every driver must carry at least $30,000 per person in bodily injury coverage (up to $60,000 per crash) and $25,000 in property damage coverage.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Unless you declined PIP in writing, this no-fault coverage should help cover your lost income and medical bills, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM): If the at-fault driver did not have enough insurance coverage, this optional policy may step in and provide additional compensation for your injuries. You should have UM/UIM coverage unless you declined it in writing.
- Collision: This type of insurance covers the costs of repairing or replacing your damaged car up to your policy limits.
Many of our clients don’t realize that their own insurance policies may cover some medical costs and lost income. If you need help identifying the insurance policies that cover your car crash, contact Crosley Law for help. Consultations are always free, and we will never charge you a fee unless we help you settle or win your claim.
How Much Is My San Antonio Car Accident Case Worth?
Our team at Crosley Law will leave no stone unturned as we fight to get you the best value possible for your claim. Damages you can claim after a motor vehicle accident include:
- Economic damages: How much did the accident cost you in financial terms, both now and in the future? This includes things like medical bills, lost wages, and reduced future earning potential.
- Non-economic damages: Not all damages can be measured in precise dollars and cents. You are entitled to seek compensation for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, and other physical and emotional injuries that may not have direct associated costs, but do have a negative impact on your life.
- Punitive damages: Sometimes, if the at-fault driver acts with especially reckless disregard or malicious intent, punitive damages might also be awarded. Although these damages are rare, a thorough and prepared attorney with extensive trial experience can give you a better chance of obtaining them if they apply to your case.
That said, it’s important to understand that a case is ultimately worth “whatever a jury thinks it’s worth.” The insurance company will try to argue that your actual damages are less than what you claim. And the actual amount you can obtain may be limited by the amount of insurance coverage available, or whether you share some of the blame for your accident.
At Crosley Law, we take a comprehensive approach to San Antonio car crash claims, and we start by identifying all potential sources of compensation. This process includes investigating and documenting things like:
- The at-fault driver’s insurance policy and personal assets
- The liability of the manufacturers and sellers of mechanically defective parts
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical treatment and long-term care needs
- Lost income and wages
- Future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury costs
- Funeral and burial expenses
It’s nearly impossible for victims to sort out all of these issues on their own. When you work with Crosley Law, you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery, not the details of your case or its settlement value. We deliver outstanding service, and we’ll continue to help you even after your case is closed.
Request Your Free Consultation
How Do I File a Car Accident Claim in San Antonio?
Once you identify all the insurance policies that cover your car crash, you’ll need to file insurance claims. The claim process typically includes:
- Notifying the insurance company and providing them with basic information about your crash
- Completing and signing a series of forms that outline your injuries, the circumstances surrounding the car wreck, and medical releases
- An investigation of your claim, which may include independent medical examinations, surveillance, and requests for recorded statements
- A decision from the insurance adjuster that typically either offers a settlement or denies your claim
It’s best to work with an experienced San Antonio car accident lawyer from the very start. When you work with Crosley Law, we’ll handle the details of your case at every step, including all the relevant paperwork and deadlines. If the insurance company denies your claim or refuses to offer a fair settlement, then we’ll file a personal injury lawsuit and demand a jury trial on your behalf.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
You need to act quickly. In Texas, you only have two years from the date of the crash to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, which is sometimes called the statute of limitations, you may lose your right to compensation forever.
However, it’s important to begin investigating your case as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the greater the risk that key evidence will go missing or be destroyed, and the less time your attorney will have to build your case and negotiate with the insurer.
What Happens After Crosley Law Resolves My Car Accident Case?
Whether your case gets tried in court or settles out of court, our work does not end when you make a financial recovery. After your case reaches a resolution:
- We work with medical providers and health insurers to reduce your medical bills and resolve hospital liens.
- We continue to stay in touch and help you recover from the lifelong physical, mental, emotional, and financial costs of a car accident.
- Our biggest reward is seeing you recover and lead a life as close as possible to the one you had before someone else hurt you in a crash. That’s the goal we’re always striving toward.
How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
At Crosley Law, you owe us nothing up front—and if we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing, period. Our attorney’s fee is calculated as a percentage of your total settlement or verdict, then deducted along with any case fees and expenses that were incurred along the way.
We firmly believe that everyone deserves access to quality representation from an experienced car accident attorney. What matters is the truth and the merits of your case, not how much money you make.
Crosley Law: Fighting for San Antonio Car Accident Victims
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident, call Crosley Law today at 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or fill out our brief contact form. We’ll set up your free initial consultation so you can get expert legal advice about your situation at no cost and with no additional commitment.
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.
Do you or a family member
need legal advice?
Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death.