- 1. We Fight for Car Accident Injury Victims Throughout the San Antonio Area
- 2. A Car Accident Injures Someone Every Two Hours in Texas
- 3. What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in San Antonio?
- 4. If I’m in a Car Wreck in San Antonio, Shouldn’t Insurance Cover It?
- 5. How Much Is My San Antonio Car Accident Case Worth?
- 6. How Do I File a Car Accident Claim in San Antonio?
- 7. How Will Crosley Law Firm Fight for Me?
- 8. What Happens After Crosley Law Resolves My Car Accident Case?
- 9. Crosley Law: Fighting for San Antonio Car Accident Victims
We Fight for Car Accident Injury Victims Throughout the San Antonio Area
Car wrecks are the most common cause of serious property damage, personal injury, and wrongful death in Texas each year. At Crosley Law, our attorneys have successfully handled thousands of San Antonio car wreck cases. We will investigate all the causes of your accident and aggressively pursue a claim to compensate you for all the losses you’ve suffered.
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one because of someone else’s careless behavior, call Crosley Law right away. If we take on your case, we have a no-fee policy, which means we won’t charge you a cent unless we get you a settlement or win your case in court.
Request Your Free Consultation
Call 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or fill out the free consultation request form on this page, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Our legal team will listen to your story, give you a free case evaluation, and suggest practical next steps for your injury claims.
Below, we have more information about car wrecks, insurance, and personal injury cases that will help if you have recently been injured in a Texas vehicle crash.
A Car Accident Injures Someone Every Two Hours in Texas
According to the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration), motor vehicle accidents are one of our country’s leading causes of death, especially for children, teenagers, and young adults. Every year in Texas alone, auto accidents:
- Kill over 3,000 people
- Injure more than 200,000 people
- Cause nearly $26 billion in economic losses
Texas has not had a single day without a fatal car accident since November 7, 2000. That’s nearly 20 years of daily fatal crashes. In 2018 alone, someone died on Texas’ roads every two hours and 25 minutes, and someone suffered injuries in a car crash every two hours and seven seconds.
Unfortunately, car wrecks can cause a wide variety of injuries to drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, bike riders, pedestrians, and others. Common car crash injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), head injuries, and concussions
- Back and spine injuries, including herniated discs and spinal cord damage
- Joint injuries to the knees, shoulders, wrists, and hips
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries, like whiplash, sprains, and strains
- Mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to seek immediate medical care, even if you only have “minor” aches and pains. Sometimes, these seemingly mild symptoms are warning signs of a severe, catastrophic injury, like a TBI, back injury, or internal bleeding.
Every year, car crashes cost our state billions of dollars in lost income, medical bills, and other economic losses. However, many victims discover that it’s not easy to get the compensation they need and deserve after a serious wreck. At Crosley Law, we have a track record of success fighting for injured people, and we have recovered hundreds of millions for crash victims and their families.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in San Antonio?
Our injury lawyers refuse to call a wreck a “car accident.” For most collisions, there’s nothing accidental about it: someone’s recklessness, poor decision-making, or inattention caused your injuries.
However, every wreck is different. A rear-end collision may have different causes than a rollover crash, head-on collision, or sideswipe.
Because every collision is unique, our personal injury attorneys carefully investigate each crash, looking for all the possible causes and contributing factors. Some of the most common car wreck causes we see include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for the road and weather conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper lane changes
- Ignoring red lights, stop signs, and other traffic control devices
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Drunk and drugged driving
- Drowsy driving
- Improper maintenance
- Defective and dangerous vehicles and parts, like brakes, tires, and airbags
- Violations of state and federal trucking regulations
If I’m in a Car Wreck in San Antonio, Shouldn’t Insurance Cover It?
The value of your car wreck claim depends on a lot of factors. One of the main factors is what relevant insurance coverage exists and what the policy limits are on that coverage. Texas’ injury laws are fault-based. So, under most circumstances, you will file your primary insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, not your own insurer. However, you may have several insurance claims, depending on your coverage.
Your claims may include:
- Liability insurance: The at-fault driver’s policy should cover your injuries up to the policy limits. Under Texas law, every driver must carry at least $30,000 per person in bodily injury coverage (up to $60,000 per crash) and $25,000 in property damage coverage.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Unless you declined PIP in writing, this no-fault coverage should help cover your lost income and medical bills, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM): If the at-fault driver did not have enough insurance coverage, this optional policy may step in and provide additional compensation for your injuries. You should have UM/UIM coverage unless you declined it in writing.
- Collision: This type of insurance covers the costs of repairing or replacing your damaged car up to your policy limits.
Many of our clients don’t realize that their own insurance policies may cover some medical costs and lost income. If you need help identifying the insurance policies that cover your car crash, contact Crosley Law for help. Consultations are always free, and we will never charge you a fee unless we help you settle or win your claim.
Having auto insurance or health insurance will not fully protect you or your loved ones from the costs of other people’s negligence, especially when it comes to a San Antonio car crash. Here are a few important things to consider about car insurance after a wreck:
- Insurance companies increase their profits by denying, delaying, and underpaying valid injury claims.
- Changes in Texas law have made it even more difficult for injured victims to receive full compensation for their medical costs.
- You should consult a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney before negotiating with an insurer or accepting a settlement offer.
How Insurance Can Cover Your Medical Bills After a Car AccidentRead More
How Much Is My San Antonio Car Accident Case Worth?
Our team at Crosley Law will leave no stone unturned as we fight to get you the best value possible for your claim. We take a comprehensive approach to car crash claims, and we start by identifying all potential sources of compensation. This process includes investigating and documenting:
- The at-fault driver’s insurance policy and personal assets
- The liability of the manufacturers and sellers of mechanically defective parts
- Medical expenses
- Your need for future medical treatment and long-term care
- Lost income and wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury costs
- Punitive damages
- Funeral and burial expenses
It’s nearly impossible for victims to sort out all of these issues on their own. When you work with Crosley Law, you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery, not the details of your case or its settlement value. We deliver outstanding service, and we’ll continue to help you even after your case is closed.
How Do I File a Car Accident Claim in San Antonio?
Once you identify all the insurance policies that cover your car crash, you’ll need to file insurance claims. The claim process typically includes:
- Notifying the insurance company and providing them with basic information about your crash
- Completing and signing a series of forms that outline your injuries, the circumstances surrounding the car wreck, and medical releases
- An investigation of your claim, which may include independent medical examinations, surveillance, and requests for recorded statements
- A decision from the insurance adjuster that typically either offers a settlement or denies your claim
It’s best to work with an experienced Texas injury lawyer from the very start. When you work with Crosley Law, we’ll handle the details of your case at every step, including all the relevant paperwork and deadlines. If the insurance company denies your claim or refuses to offer a fair settlement, then we’ll file a personal injury lawsuit and demand a jury trial on your behalf.
However, you need to act quickly. In Texas, you only have two years from the date of the crash to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, which is sometimes called the statute of limitations, you may lose your right to compensation forever.
How Will Crosley Law Firm Fight for Me?
When you work with the team at Crosley Law, we’ll obtain all the investigative reports and documentation related to the accident. We’ll also conduct our own investigation using all the resources we have available, including:
- Detailed reviews of relevant medical records and accident reports
- Nationally and regionally recognized experts and physicians
- Crash reconstruction experts
- Crash data from the vehicles involved
- Digital crash simulations
- Multimedia presentations
- Advanced medical imaging
- Cutting-edge recordkeeping databases
- Jury focus groups
These legal and technological assets help us to prove that the negligent driver caused your injuries. And, they allow us to put a precise dollar figure on every cost and loss that you’ve suffered because of that driver’s negligent actions.
We also act quickly. We know the insurance adjuster will try to delay your claim as much as possible, hoping you’ll cave and take a lowball settlement. You can’t wait for help and compensation. That’s why our car accident attorneys do everything in their power to push our clients’ cases forward and prepare every case as if it’s going to trial from day one.
What Happens After Crosley Law Resolves My Car Accident Case?
Whether your case gets tried in court or settles out of court, our work does not end when you make a financial recovery. After your case reaches a resolution:
- We work with medical providers and health insurers to reduce your medical bills and resolve hospital liens.
- We continue to stay in touch and help you recover from the lifelong physical, mental, emotional, and financial costs of a car accident.
- Our biggest reward is seeing you recover and lead a life as close as possible to the one you had before someone else hurt you in a crash. That’s the goal we’re always striving toward.
Request Your Free Consultation
Crosley Law: Fighting for San Antonio Car Accident Victims
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident, call Crosley Law today at 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or fill out our brief contact form. We’ll set up your free initial consultation so you can get expert legal advice about your situation at no cost and with no additional commitment.
Comparison of motor vehicle traffic deaths, vehicle miles, death rates, and economic loss 2003-2018. (2019). Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved from http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/trf/crash_statistics/2018/a.pdf
Motor vehicle traffic crashes as a leading cause of death in the United States, 2015. (2018, February) National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. Retrieved from https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812499
Texas motor vehicle traffic crash fact calendar year 2018. (2019). Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved from http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/trf/crash_statistics/2018/01.pdf
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.
Do you or a family member
need legal advice?
Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death. If you’ve been injured, fill out the form for a free consultation, or call 210-LAW-3000.