- 1. Struggling After a Truck Accident? Crosley Law Firm Fights for Victims
- 2. San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyers That Get Results
- 3. Crosley Law Firm Is Here to Help
- 4. Truck Accidents Are Some of the Most Complex Personal Injury Cases
- 5. Trucking Companies Fight Claims Aggressively—and Often Unfairly
- 6. You Need to Act Quickly After a Semi-Truck Accident
- 7. How Crosley Law Firm Fights Truck Accident Victims in San Antonio and Throughout Texas
- 8. How Much is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
- 9. Truck Crashes Kill Hundreds of Texans Each Year
- 10. Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
- 11. Call a San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Struggling After a Truck Accident? Crosley Law Firm Fights for Victims
A serious truck accident can be devastating for victims and their loved ones. Truck accident injuries can be serious, even permanent. Medical bills and other expenses pile up faster than you can keep track of them.
You might expect insurance to cover everything, but the truth is that the insurance company is not your friend. They care about their own bottom line, and they have teams of attorneys who work hard to keep payouts as low as possible. They may even hide or destroy incriminating evidence.
But you don’t have to take them on alone. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, call Crosley Law Firm for help right away. You may be entitled to compensation for the huge financial losses you’ve suffered—medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering—and you can also hold the people who caused your pain accountable.
San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyers That Get Results
The Crosley Law team has earned an outstanding track record of taking on complex commercial vehicle cases, holding the trucking companies accountable, and winning great settlements and trial verdicts for our clients. Some of our most notable cases include:
- $20 million settlement. Crosley Law represented a young man and his family after he was hit by an inattentive vehicle driver and suffered a traumatic brain injury. We poured our hearts and souls into this case, taking dozens of depositions and speaking with medical and economic experts across multiple disciplines. Our preparation and willingness to go to court resulted in a great settlement.
- $16 million verdict. After a head-on collision with a wrong-way 18-wheeler, our client Jerry suffered a brain injury that significantly derailed his life—but because initial brain scans showed nothing out of the ordinary, the insurance company refused to pay. Crosley Law dug deep into the latest medical research and got Jerry accepted into an experimental trial that finally proved the severity of his symptoms.
- $9 million settlement. A young woman was killed when a semi-truck driver ignored a red light. But with no other witnesses, the driver pinned the blame on her—and the insurance company refused to pay. Crosley Law’s investigation proved, without question, that not only was the driver at fault, but the trucking company intentionally hid the evidence.
Crosley Law Firm Is Here to Help
We offer free consultations so we can listen to your story and give you honest advice about your rights and legal options. And if we take on your case, we have a no-fee policy: We won’t charge you a cent unless we get you a settlement or win your case in court.
Call 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or fill out the free consultation request form on this page and we’ll get in touch with you right away.
Request Your Free Consultation
Truck Accidents Are Some of the Most Complex Personal Injury Cases
Compared to typical car accident cases, trucking accident cases are very complex, and the victims of these wrecks and their loved ones face unique challenges. Below are some of the things that make truck wreck personal injury claims more difficult.
- The laws that govern the trucking industry are very complicated. Understanding them requires lots of knowledge and training.
- The large trucking companies and their insurers often have big legal teams and lots of money. They will fight tooth and nail to avoid taking responsibility for their negligence.
- Multiple parties are usually involved. As a victim, you may sue the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer of a defective part, or other companies or people who caused the crash or made it worse. Plus, large trucks sometimes crash into more than one vehicle, so other victims may be filing lawsuits as well.
- Large trucks are complex vehicles with many more parts compared to a passenger car. Proving that an 18-wheeler accident was the result of a failed part or poor maintenance requires detailed knowledge of how these commercial trucks work.
Trucking Companies Fight Claims Aggressively—and Often Unfairly
Trucking companies and their insurance companies also use shocking methods to avoid paying victims fair compensation. We have seen unsafe and unethical trucking companies:
- Pressure injured victims to make recorded statements that may damage their case.
- Set up surveillance to spy on injured victims.
- Destroy or dispose of key evidence to cover up their wrongdoing.
- Make unreasonably low settlement offers to resolve the claim before victims speak to an attorney about their rights.
To level the playing field against these powerful companies, you need an aggressive and experienced personal injury lawyer who will protect your interests while forcing the people who harmed you to take responsibility for their actions.
You Need to Act Quickly After a Semi-Truck Accident
In Texas, you typically have two years to file a truck crash lawsuit. But the evidence will start to disappear long before that, and the longer you wait, the harder it will be to build a successful case.
By law, trucking companies only have to keep certain records for a brief period of time. Unless you or your attorney move quickly to legally protect those documents, the truck company will not hesitate to destroy electric logging records and other data, particularly if that evidence could prove their driver was at fault.
The best way to protect yourself is by speaking with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
How Crosley Law Firm Fights Truck Accident Victims in San Antonio and Throughout Texas
The personal injury attorneys at Crosley Law Firm understand the pain that trucking accident victims go through and the challenges they face. We use our experience and resources to stand up for them.
To uncover the truth about what caused your crash and fight for justice, we’ll use the following strategies:
- We will send accident reconstruction experts to the scene so they can gather vital evidence and help prove your claim.
- We examine driver logbooks to see if he or she was driving longer hours than the law allows.
- We’ll hire trucking safety experts to determine if the truck was overloaded, had a mechanical malfunction, lacked proper blind spot mirrors, or had any other safety violations.
- We will investigate whether the trucking company performed required inspections and repairs.
- We’ll take witnesses statements and interview the responsible trucker to determine if they were doing any of the following:
- Driving aggressively
- Driving while drowsy or distracted
- Talking on a cell phone or using other distracting electronic devices
- Operating their truck under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
When the trucking and insurance companies try to cover up the causes of the crash and minimize or deny your claim, Crosley Law Firm has the resources and expertise to fight back. To do so, we use the following methods of our own:
- We collect under-oath statements from corporate representatives.
- We work with multiple experts for accident reconstruction, medical care planning, and more.
- We produce high-tech, detailed computer animations to show a jury exactly how the accident occurred.
How Much is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
As with other types of motor vehicle accidents, you can claim the following types of damages in your truck crash claim:
- Economic damages: These cover how much the truck crash cost you in financial terms, both now and in the future. Examples include medical expenses, lost wages, and reduced future earning potential.
- Non-economic damages: Severe injuries and fatalities take more than just a financial toll on crash victims. You can demand compensation for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, and other physical pain and emotional injuries.
- Punitive damages: If the truck driver or trucking company acted with flagrant, reckless disregard for safety or the law, punitive damages meant to punish them might be awarded. A personal injury attorney with trial experience can help you determine whether punitive damages may be realistic in your case.
One important way that truck crashes are different from most other car crashes is the insurance coverage available. Trucking and commercial vehicle companies must carry very large insurance policies. This means that the maximum compensation you can realistically recover is often much higher than in a regular car crash with a driver carrying only the minimum personal coverage. However, it also means that insurance companies will fight your truck accident claim especially aggressively—because they have so much more to lose.
Truck Crashes Kill Hundreds of Texans Each Year
Every year, crashes that involve tractor-trailers and other large trucks kill more than 3,000 people, and the annual number of fatalities from these wrecks has gone up every year since 2011. The people who suffer injuries or die when semi-trucks crash are usually the occupants of other vehicles—innocent drivers and passengers like you.
Taking into account all commercial vehicles, such as semi-trucks and large buses, 513 fatal crashes caused 581 deaths in Texas alone during the most recent year with complete data (2020). In total, large commercial vehicles are involved in almost 35,000 crashes in Texas each year.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Most truck accidents result from preventable causes, including driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, speeding, distracted driving, driver fatigue, and other driver errors.
Not all trucking accidents result from truck driver negligence, though. The trucking companies themselves are legally responsible for the drivers they put on the road, and they often share blame for deadly wrecks as they try to squeeze out extra profits (at the expense of safety).
Some examples of factors that cause these types of crashes are:
- Overloaded or improperly loaded trucks
- Unreasonable delivery deadlines
- Inadequate driver training
- Defective equipment
Far too many trucking companies pressure truck drivers to pull extra-long shifts, often in violation of laws and regulations, so they can make more deliveries or move products faster. This leads to speeding and drowsy driving. When you combine these dangerous behaviors with a massive 18-wheeler that weighs up to 80,000 pounds, the results can be catastrophic.
As fuel prices go up and competition gets stiffer, some trucking companies also cut corners to stay profitable. They may neglect to do inspections or fail to replace worn out or defective parts. These reckless practices contribute to the rapidly growing number of deaths caused by 18-wheeler accidents and other large truck crashes each year.
Call a San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in an accident involving a tractor-trailer, “big rig,” or other large truck or commercial vehicle, Crosley Law Firm is here to help.
We aren’t afraid to take on the biggest and most difficult trucking cases, and our record of million-dollar settlements and verdicts speaks for itself. We also proudly put our clients first, rolling out the red carpet and making sure they get the care they need and the attention they deserve throughout the entire process.
Get your free consultation with an experienced San Antonio truck accident attorney now by calling 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or filling out our easy online contact form.
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.
Do you or a family member
need legal advice?
Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death.