- 1. Struggling to Make Sense of Things After a Truck Accident? Crosley Law Firm Fights for Victims
- 2. Crosley Law Firm Is Here to Help
- 3. Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
- 4. Trucking Cases Are Some of the Most Complex Personal Injury Cases
- 5. Crosley Law Firm Has Experience Fighting for Truck Accident Victims in San Antonio and Throughout Texas
Struggling to Make Sense of Things After a Truck Accident? Crosley Law Firm Fights for Victims
If you or a loved one has been involved in a devastating truck accident, your life has probably been turned upside down. You may not know where to turn. Medical bills or other expenses may be piling up faster than you can keep track of them, and the insurance company may be calling you with a settlement offer to try and make your case go away.
If this sounds like your situation, call Crosley Law Firm for help right away. You may be entitled to compensation for the huge financial losses you’ve suffered—medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering—and you can also hold the people who caused your pain accountable.
Crosley Law Firm Is Here to Help
Request Your Free Consultation
We offer free consultations so we can listen to your story and give you honest advice about your rights and legal options. And if we take on your case, we have a no-fee policy: We won’t charge you a cent unless we get you a settlement or win your case in court.
Call 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or fill out the free consultation request form on this page and we’ll get in touch with you right away.
Below is some additional information about trucking accidents and our approach to handling the complex and challenging legal cases that follow them.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Crosley Law Gets $4.9 Million Settlement for Trucking Accident Victim With TBIRead More
Every year, crashes that involve tractor-trailers and other large trucks kill more than 3,000 people, and the annual number of fatalities from these wrecks has gone up every year since 2011. The people who suffer injuries or die when semi trucks crash are usually the occupants of other vehicles — innocent drivers and passengers like you.
Taking into account all commercial vehicles, such as semi trucks and large buses, 513 fatal crashes caused 581 deaths in Texas alone during the most recent year with complete data (2020). In total, large commercial vehicles are involved in almost 35,000 crashes in Texas each year.
Even more tragic is the fact that many commercial truck accidents result from preventable causes like:
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Aggressive driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driver fatigue
- Lack of familiarity with the road
- Distracted driving
Not all trucking accidents result from truck driver negligence, though. Sometimes the trucking companies themselves are legally responsible for deadly wrecks as they try to squeeze out extra profits (at the expense of safety).
Some examples of factors that cause these types of crashes are:
- Overloaded trucks
- Overweight trucks
- Unreasonable delivery deadlines
- Inadequate safety training
- Brake failure
- Defective equipment
Far too many trucking companies pressure truck drivers to pull extra-long shifts, often in violation of laws and regulations, so they can make more deliveries or move products faster. This leads to speeding and drowsy driving. When you combine these dangerous behaviors with a massive 18-wheeler that weighs up to 80,000 pounds, the results can be catastrophic.
As fuel prices go up and competition gets stiffer, some trucking companies also cut corners to stay profitable. They may neglect to do inspections or fail to replace worn out or defective parts. These reckless practices contribute to the rapidly growing number of deaths caused by 18-wheeler accidents and other large truck crashes each year.
FAQ: How soon should I contact an experienced truck accident lawyer?
FAQ: I’ve been in a semi truck accident. How soon should I go to the doctor?
Trucking Cases Are Some of the Most Complex Personal Injury Cases
Trucking accident cases are very different from car accident cases. It takes experienced, knowledgeable attorneys to handle them.
Compared to car accident cases, trucking accident cases are very complex, and the victims of these wrecks and their loved ones face unique challenges. Below are some of the things that make truck wreck personal injury claims more difficult.
- The laws that govern the trucking industry are very complicated. Understanding them requires lots of knowledge and training.
- Large trucks are complex vehicles with many more parts compared to a passenger car. Proving that an 18 wheeler accident was the result of a failed part or poor maintenance requires detailed knowledge of how these commercial trucks work.
- The large trucking companies and their insurers often have big legal teams and lots of money. They will fight tooth and nail to avoid taking responsibility for their negligence.
- Multiple parties are usually involved. As a victim, you may sue the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer of a defective part, or other companies or people who caused the crash or made it worse. Plus, large trucks sometimes crash into more than one vehicle, so other victims may be filing lawsuits as well.
Trucking companies and their insurance companies also use shocking methods to avoid paying victims fair compensation. We have seen unsafe and unethical trucking companies:
- Pressure injured victims to make recorded statements that may damage their case.
- Set up surveillance to spy on injured victims.
- Destroy or dispose of key evidence to cover up their wrongdoing.
- Make unreasonably low settlement offers to resolve the claim before victims speak to an attorney about their rights.
To level the playing field against these powerful companies, you need an aggressive and experienced personal injury lawyer who will protect your interests while forcing the people who harmed you to take responsibility for their actions.
Crosley Law Firm Has Experience Fighting for Truck Accident Victims in San Antonio and Throughout Texas
The personal injury attorneys at Crosley Law Firm understand the pain that trucking accident victims go through and the challenges they face. We use our experience and resources to stand up for them.
Our trucking accident attorneys have made themselves fluent in federal trucking regulations as well as state and local laws in Texas so they can hold negligent trucking companies and drivers accountable. We know how to prove whether your accident was caused by driver negligence, company negligence, or both.
To uncover the truth about what caused your crash and fight for justice, we’ll use the following strategies:
- We will send accident reconstruction experts to the scene so they can gather vital evidence and help prove your claim.
- We examine driver logbooks to see if he or she was driving longer hours than the law allows.
- We’ll hire trucking safety experts to determine if the truck:
- Was overloaded with cargo
- Had a mechanical malfunction
- Lacked proper blind spot mirrors
- We will investigate whether the trucking company performed required inspections and repairs.
- We’ll take witnesses statements and interview the responsible trucker to determine if they were doing any of the following:
- Driving aggressively
- Driving while drowsy or distracted
- Talking on a cell phone or using other distracting electronic devices
- Operating their truck under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
When the trucking and insurance companies try to cover up the causes of the crash and minimize or deny your claim, Crosley Law Firm has the resources and expertise to fight back. To do so, we use the following methods of our own:
Request Your Free Consultation
- We collect under-oath statements from corporate representatives.
- We retain multiple experts for accident reconstruction, medical care planning, and more.
- We produce high-tech, detailed computer animations to show a jury exactly how the accident occurred.
Crosley Law Firm Fights for Texas Truck Accident Victims. Call a San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyer Today.
If you have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in an accident involving a tractor-trailer, “big rig,” or other large truck, Crosley Law Firm is here to help. Get your free consultation with an experienced San Antonio truck accident attorney now by calling 210-LAW-3000 | 210-529-3000 or filling out our easy online contact form.
Do you or a family member
need legal advice?
Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death. If you’ve been injured, fill out the form for a free consultation, or call 210-LAW-3000.