(210) 529-3000

What if the Other Driver in an Accident Doesn’t Have Insurance?

Written by Tom Crosley
Car Accidents, Vehicle Wrecks

It’s a question people ask all the time: “What if someone injures me in a car accident and they don’t have auto insurance?” Personal Injury Attorney Tom Crosley draws on his years of experience handling car accident cases to explain the answer in this helpful video.

Every day and in every major city, Crosley says, car crashes occur, and it turns out that a surprising number of drivers don’t have auto insurance — even though the law requires it and sets stiff penalties for being an uninsured driver.

This is why it’s important to carry what’s called “uninsured motorist coverage” or “underinsured motorist coverage” (UIM) as part of your auto insurance policy, Crosley says. This insurance will compensate you when the other driver has no insurance, or it will pay the difference when the liability limit of the other driver’s policy is too low to cover all of the damages.

If you don’t carry UIM coverage or aren’t sure whether your current auto policy includes it, Tom Crosley recommends that you call your insurance agent and ask about it today.

If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney right away. Contact Crosley Law Firm for a free case evaluation if you or someone you know has been hurt.

Website | + posts

Related Articles

View All Blog Articles

Do you or a family member
need legal advice?

Crosley Law Firm, PC is a professional corporation of trial lawyers focused on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or wrongful death.

We Can Help

Request Your Free Consultation
  • This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    * Required
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Schedule Your Free Consultation

Office Locations and Contact Info